Friday, July 11, 2008

AWFUL. IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

JUDAS PRIEST - NOSTRADAMUS
I'm not going to deliberate much here. This sucks. Bad. I really can't even tell I'm listening to one of the greatest musical acts ever. An "epic" Priest album?? Who benefits from straying like this??? No thanks, says I! It's slow, long-winded, and most of all boring. About as exciting as watching water freeze. Seriously, Nostradamus? You couldn't have found anybody in all the annals of history remotely more interesting to write 20 songs about? An emperor or a warrior or maybe even a drag queen, Mr. Halford? Heck, I didn't even think it possible, but this is more yawn inducing than "Angel of Vegeance", which I'll arrogantly claim as the disappointment of the decade, seeing as to how "Painkiller" was my favorite album of the previous decade (the Ripper era was forgivable yet still forgettable). Priest partisans will in all likelihood mindfuck themselves into liking it and cop out with "you don't know about the craft of music and the technical aspects, give it a chance!". Sorry, I'm not going to pretend I'm a musician because I started playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band like many people and went out and bought a closet full of rock shirts at the mall. Thank hell at least Iron Maiden still stuck to formula and didn't try to reinvent the wheel. Priest, on the other hand, is dead to me with all forthcoming albums. I'll bet Metallica feels threatened. (FA)
EPIC RECORDS
www.judaspriest.com, www.myspace.com/judaspriest

No comments: