Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A DIRTY DOZEN QUESTIONS FOR BARBAROUS OF GRIMBANE



By Fatherland Almighty, 5/2008

1. Tell us about about your illustrious history, and that of other band members.
My history is I was always into metal. As a youngster starting with (Sabbath and Deep Purple) hard rock was ok but it was love, glam, and frills and not enough substance. I saw a Venom album, they were ok, but when I saw Celtic Frost and Hellhammer that made me feel as though the sound and freedom to say what others weren't was the way to go.

2. Were you on official hiatus from music, or just keeping a low profile to concoct Grimbane?
No, I live in a place where there are no good musicians so the chance to work with the Grimbane members was there so I did it.

3. Now that you're back with a vengeance, what are some of your plans?
We have a new album and we are writing songs for now.

4. What are you crazy Canucks doing that us Yanks aren't?
I spent a lot of time in the US and it's a great place. Politicians sometimes do bad things and it makes the country look bad. Now that being said, same as our country if you go to the middle of the US the people are all good just the same.

5. Let which "Empires Fall", exactly?
The reference is to control systems - schools, churches, governments, people who have their ways to control others.

6. So what is Grimbane the epitome of?
We enjoy playing and we have a certain way of playing that we feel we want to share with anyone who wants to listen. I also get satisfaction in expressing my feelings and views of the way I see the world.

7. What is a Grimbane show like?
Loud, fast, and played to the same way you hear it on the album that is the way bands should play and then the fans get to see and hear the performance that was captured in the studio.

8. What's with so many intros to several of your songs (not like I'm complaining)?
I know that none of the men and women that do reviews buy the album they get them from my company for free. So they don't have the lyrics and liner notes if you had the lyrics you would know what the intros and story throughout the album are referring to.

9. Ever lit anything on fire?
I have many people in my neighborhood that think their front yards are temporary garbage dumps, leaving old couches and trash all over. I would love to light those items on fire and see the fire trucks arrive.

10. If you could be God for a day, what would be the first thing you would do?
Haha. There is no god. You know in a way we are, each one of us a god. And that's a good way to look at it.

11. If there were such thing as "life metal", what do you think it would represent?
I know I'm metal for life. In that the music's ideas and lyrics just represent in detail a way you see the world and you have to agree to enjoying the way it sounds and find it fulfilling to listen to. That's metal for life.

12. Before you DEpart, why not IMpart some words of wisdom upon us mortals.
Take every chance you have to show the people all around you that the fact that Christianity is so accepted is solely based on lies and control.

www.moribundcult.com

No comments: